Join local beekeeper, Dustin Bajer, in a hands-on beekeeping session. Activities of the hands-on sessions with change throughout the season but may include unwrapping hives, feeding, installing nucs or packages of honeybees, splitting colonies, routine hive inspections, assessing and managing pests and disease, extracting, and winterization.
Format: 2 Hours. Hands-on workshops and experience with honeybees. Weather dependant. Locations may vary.
While no prerequisites are required, it is suggested that participants have one of the following:
- Beekeeping 1: All About Honeybees
- Beekeeping 2: Getting Started in Beekeeping
- Beekeeping 3: Beehive Management and Honeybee Diseases
- Beekeeping 4: Honey Harvesting and Beehive Winterization
- Edmonton Beekeeping Certificate Course
- Equivalent beekeeping course as judged by the John Janzen Nature Centre